Frequently Asked Questions

Booking and Payment Questions

How can I apply?
Apply and pay online by clicking here. For rates, payment options and our cancellation policy, click here.

Can I apply more than once?
No. You can only make one application in total.

Do I have to select a room type when making a booking?

Yes, you have to select your preferred room type when filling out an application form for a particular residence.

What do ‘Irish Speaking Apartment’ and ‘Quiet Zone’ mean in the room requests section of the application form?

With the intention of balancing the expectations of all residents, applicants making a booking can, if they so wish, request to stay in an apartment where Irish is the primary spoken language or they can request to stay in an apartment within a quiet zone.

Once all applications have been processed and if room types booked facilitate it, we will try to allocate those who have made the same requests together. This process is simply intended to allocate like-minded people together and should be self-policing where standard Campus Living House Rules will apply.

Can I book a room by telephone?
No, rooms must be booked online. To book a room, click here.

What do I need when making an application?
When filling out an online application form, you will need:

  • Applicant’s contact details (including Eircode/postcode – exact Eircode is required – typing ‘Eire’ or county name will not allow you to progress to payment page of application)
  • Student’s CAO number
  • Debit or credit card to pay a €20 refundable application fee
  • Information on course of interest e.g. School of […]

How can I pay my deposit and accommodation fees?
To book and pay online, please click here. For information on rates and payment, click here.

What happens if I pay for accommodation and fail to be offered a place at NUI Galway?
In the case where a student fails to be offered a first-round place at NUI Galway, €100.00 will be deducted and the balance refunded, if the cancellation policy is followed. For more information, click here.

I am eligible for a grant, will the Grant Office pay for my fees directly to the student residence?
No, you must pay for your accommodation directly. For information about grants, click here.

When is the second payment due?
Please refer to our rates page.

If I’m on a wait list for one residence and something becomes available in the other residence, will I automatically be offered a place?
No. Bookings for each residence are separate.

If I get evicted or leave before the end of the year what happens?
If a student is evicted, no refunds of rental will be made.

In the case of early departure, the onus is on the student to find someone to take their room. Until a replacement has been found, the student will not be refunded.

Please note that when a student leaves, Campus Living management has the right to move another resident into that student’s vacant room. If this occurs, however, the student must still find a replacement for the room which is vacant.

Accommodation and Sharing Questions

What is a twin room?
A twin room is a large room consisting of two single beds, which is shared by two students. Each student must apply separately. For rates, click here.

What kind of layouts do the apartments have?
Corrib Village floor plans can be viewed here. For details on the layout of our new residence, Goldcrest Village, see here.

How do I make a sharing request?
If you have a friend you wish to share with, we will try our best to accommodate you both together (although not guaranteed). After a room offer has been made, you will be given access to our Student Portal. Sharing requests can be made by logging into this portal. Click here for information regarding Corrib Village sharing requests.

How are apartments allocated in terms of gender?
For the most part, females are allocated together and males are allocated together. However, in some instances, apartments may have a mix of males and females.

General Questions

Where are the student residences?
Our student residences are located on the NUI Galway campus, only a short walk from the University’s main buildings. View a map here.

Who can occupy rooms in the student residences?
Rooms are available to NUI Galway students only, proof of which will be required on check-in or shortly after, once you have registered with NUI Galway.

Do I have to leave at Christmas and Easter?
No, the accommodation lasts for the duration of your licence.

Safety and Security Questions

Is there a curfew?
No, there is no curfew. We do not take responsibility for the comings and goings of residents. However, we do require that residents carry their ID cards with them at all times.

All non-residents must sign in and out with security and must leave the residence by 11:30pm, unless they have been registered as an overnight guest. Please note, however, that Campus Living reserves the right to restrict access to non-residents at certain times.

Are the residences safe?
We consider the safety of students to be of utmost importance.

Our residences have 24/7 security. All residents are given a security card on arrival, with contact details of security staff should any issues arise.

Non-residents are not permitted to enter the residences after 11:30pm unless they have been registered as an overnight guest. All residents must carry an ID card, which must be presented to security when entering the complex after this time.

In addition, there is a friendly reception team who are available 6 days a week to deal with any queries that students may have.

One of the biggest advantages of our student residences is the proximity to main campus buildings, all of which are within walking distance. Although most students choose to walk, our residences are conveniently located on the campus shuttle bus route, meaning that students can have peace of mind, especially if they need to get home from lectures on a dark evening.

Is insurance for my belongings provided?
No, you must take out your own cover for your possessions. We recommend having the family household policy extended to cover the personal effects away from home.

Check-in Questions

What do I need to do before checking in?
You’ll need to upload a photo onto the Student Portal. Please click here to see how this is done. If you haven’t done this, we won’t be able to check you into your apartment.

What will I need when checking in?
You’ll need to bring two passport-sized photos and ensure all payment has been made. On production of receipt of payment, keys will be issued.

What do I need to bring?
If you’re moving into Goldcrest Village, you’ll need to bring bed sheets, a duvet, a duvet cover, a pillow, a pillow case and towels.

If you’re moving into Corrib Village, you’ll need to bring bed sheets, a duvet cover, a pillow case and towels.

Please note that kitchens are fully-equipped.

Can I obtain my apartment number or my roommate’s details before check-in?
No, apartment details will be issued to you on arrival.

Can I park my car at the student residence?
Yes (subject to availability) but you must have a parking permit. It is the responsibility of the student to get a parking permit from the NUI Galway Parking Office (fee applies) in order to park on the University campus. Spaces are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Please note that there is strict clamping in operation.

There is also a large car park located here, which is relatively close to our residences. Please note that a permit is required for this location also, as it’s located within the University campus.

You must park your car at a location indicated by any member of staff or security personnel if and when requested to do so. Cars are parked at own risk. Campus Living management does not accept any responsibility for cars parked at our residences.