View current job vacancies at Corrib Village below.
Employer: Atalia Student Residences DAC
Location: Corrib Village, NUI Galway, Upper Newcastle, Galway
Phone: 091 527112
Fax: 091 523661
Accommodation Manager - click to view details
Corrib Village is NUI Galway’s campus accommodation, beautifully nestled on the banks of the River Corrib and located only minutes from Galway city centre. The village consists of 176 apartments with a total of 660 bedrooms, convenience store, delicatessen, café and self-service laundrette.
From September-May Corrib Village serves as a student residence for 764 students attending NUI Galway and from May-August Corrib Village acts as an affordable tourist accommodation option for individuals, groups and families alike.
Over the summer months, the Corrib Village Accommodation Manager, in conjunction with the Facilities Manager, assumes responsibility for managing a team of up to six Supervisors and Team Leaders, supported by up to 40 Accommodation Assistants.
Corrib Village is part of the Campus Living group, which brings together state-of-the-art campus facilities and commercial services at NUI Galway.
JOB TITLE: Accommodation Manager
JOB TYPE: 6 Month Contract
REPORTING TO: Facilities Manager
WORKING HOURS: 39-hour week. 10 days working days per fortnight, flexible based on patterns of business
The holder has specific job contact with:
- Corrib Village Facilities Manager, Corrib Village Operations Manager, and Corrib Village General Manager
- Corrib Village Accommodation departmental staff
- External contractors
- Monitoring, supervising and acceptance of standards of work completed by external contract cleaners as part of handover of from Academic Year to Summer activities
- Departmental staffing – recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training of new recruits to agreed standards of cleanliness
- Coordinating the work and activities of others. This includes completing accommodation work sheets in advance noting any special requests, and ensuring that team members work efficiently together to accomplish allocated task
- Monitoring, planning for and controlling resources – this includes monitoring and controlling key cost centres such as labour, linen, cleaning products and other consumables
- Monitoring and maintaining level of cleanliness in apartments, rooms, storage areas, linen rooms, offices, guest laundrette and public areas
- Compiling and ensuring frequent reporting of accurate status of guest rooms to front office
- Enforcing standard procedures for the acceptance, security and return of guest lost and found items
- Working closely with Facilities Manager to coordinate repair & refurbishment projects
- In conjunction with other Corrib Village team members, planning and organising change of use of apartments from Summer to Academic Year use
- Enforcing all company policies and procedures
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, & ABILITY:
- Ability to guide, direct, and motivate direct reports. Providing guidance and direction to team members, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Making decisions and solving problems – analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards – using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Ability to work under pressure
To be considered suitable for this position candidates:
- Must have previous accommodation leadership experience in a hospitality setting
- Will be standards-driven with keen attention to detail
- Must be available to work weekends and Bank Holidays as required
- Will be competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to communicate clearly with guests, co-workers and management
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position can be made by sending your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is Friday, 24 March 2017.
Summer Jobs - click to view details
Corrib Village is NUI Galway’s campus accommodation, beautifully nestled on the banks of the River Corrib and located only minutes from Galway city centre. The village consists of 176 apartments with a total of 660 bedrooms, convenience store, delicatessen, café and self-service laundrette. From May-August each year Corrib Village acts as an affordable tourist accommodation option for individuals, groups and families alike.
As part of our preparation for Summer visitors, we are currently looking to fill the following Summer vacancies:
- Duty management
- Reception staff (both daytime and night shift positions)
- Accommodation assistants
- Maintenance staff
- Grounds staff
If you wish to apply for any of the above positions please click here and complete our short application form.